This half term we are working on
- English - Poetry. "You can't take an elephant on the bus" - spelling and grammar revision.
- "Littlenose stories" - character and setting descriptions.
- "Warrior Scarlet" by Rosemary Sutcliff.
- Maths - Place value, addition and subtraction.
- Science - States of matter.
- Art - cave paintings/printing techniques. Stonehenge silhouette pictures. Making a prehistoric home.
- DT - Tools and weapons, bone and tooth necklaces, using paper mache and clay
- Computers - Using an art program to draw. Skara Brae game.
- Dance - Explorers and Hornpipe.
This year your teacher is Mrs Brayshaw
with Mrs Smith
Our topic this Autumn term is
Stone Age to Iron Age
Year 3& 4 have been making cave paintings in the manner that Stone Age people would have done. They have used natural colours to represent plants and crushed stone colours and applied these with their fingers instead of brushes.
Year 3 & 4 have been creating some work for display relating to the stone- age theme. They made spears and tools out of clay, they drew around their hands with charcoal, made a camp- fire out of tissue and sticks and cut out some leaves.